Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're Going to Disneyland Bitches!

So I am a major procrastinator. Anyone that knows me well will attest to this. When we did our taxes at the end of January we decided that we would use our returns to go to Disneyland, my favorite vacation destination of all time! Our money showed up in early February and any sane person would have booked their trip then. The trip is planned for April 10th (we HAVE to go that week because Chris' boss is out of town for the week the office is all closed) which is two weeks from today and I just now booked it. Lame right? I honestly don't think that it would have been any cheaper had we booked two months ago but maybe my headache would be less? See, here's what happened... I tried to take care of all this last week actually and I'm doing it all through Expedia.com (a great site that I've used a few times before). Well, I get everything selected, the flight and the hotel and all, and I get to the final page where I put in my debit card info and I click 'book it' and it tells me that the price has changed! It went up like fifty bucks so I decide to change my options a bit to see if I can make it cheaper. I go back, change it up a bit and go to the check-out again and then it tells me that my card was rejected! So rude! I check my debit card account balance and of course I had enough money, but Expedia had sent through some temporary holds on some funds, which I understand because I work retail and I know how these things work, but the amounts totaled over $400! The most rude!!! I call Expedia and they tell me they will drop off in 72 hours and of course that doesn't happen so I call the bank people and they say it takes 4 days, which it did but in the mean time I'm STRESSING that the trip is so much closer and that the flight will be more expensive, which it was :( The flight went up about $100 each person. We were going to fly out Thursday morning, then back Saturday night because that was the cheapest option for the weekend. It was only 2 hotel nights and cheaper than flying back Sunday morning. I try about 7 different combos of days, airlines and airports and it's still well above the price we wanted to pay. So I'm sitting here all sad and dejected like my Christmas was taken away when I ask Chris if he can leave Wednesday instead. So I plug that in, fly out Wed. and then back Sat. morning and VOILA! Instant HAPPY! Three hotel nights with those flight options ended up being A) cheaper than what I had planned last week and been trying for all night and 2) $250 less that flying out Thurs.! Christmas is back on, Little JD is giddy! He's going to Disneyland in 2 weeks with his best friend in the whole world! All is well :)

2 comments:

Breanne said...

I'm for sure sending money with you so you can get me stuff!! :)
So jealous!

Your Host said...

How was Disneyland? You left us wondering.