Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh by the way, we're married.

On the 8th of June, Chris and I got married. We were at the gay pride festival and there was a group in a booth doing weddings. They had a Lady-Rabbi there marrying anyone that got in line. We just thought, what the hell. As it was nearing our turn, my sister Karri showed up with her camera ready to document the whole thing for us (you're a rock star Karri!).

I've gotta be honest, even though it sure as hell wasn't legal (thank you so much all you religious right-wing fanatic assholes), it felt kinda cool... and kinda real. The lady was a Rabbi for hell's sake! Even though I've thought of us as married for years now, it was neat to stand there and put a ring on his finger and say in front of people that I do. I do take Chris to be my husband, for better or for worse, until death us do part. I love him. I don't need legal papers or some religion's approval to know that. My love for him is as real as it gets.


Above: Us with fancy photo face.

Below: Our wedding video. Just a heads up, it's kinda loud and you can't really hear what the Rabbi says, but you get the idea :)

4 comments:

Ali said...

this brought a little tear to my eye.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! (from both Michael and me)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! And here's to hoping that in a few years there WILL be paperwork, no matter where you live in the country, that legally honors your amazing relationship with Chris.

Anonymous said...

If your Frack, Chris must be Frick. The Boys get a Rabbi, I have a Rabbit. Who needs any stupid papers, but I would have liked to see you say I do. Oh, you do, you do.